Geospatial Support for the Hurricane Katrina Recovery
Persons involved in rescue and recovery activities for Hurricane Katrina will find data to support damage assessment, environmental monitoring and mapping efforts in the following categories:
- Post-landfall aerial photography by the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Post-landfall oblique aerial photography by the Texas Civil Air Patrol
- Post-landfall satellite imagery from various sensors, including IKONOS, Landsat 7 ETM+ and Landsat 5 TM
- Pre-landfall color-infrared aerial photography (DOQQs)
- Pre-landfall SPOT panchromatic imagery for Louisiana
- Texas Shelter Maps
- Search and Rescue Maps created for Texas Task Force 1
- Situation Reports from the Texas Governor's Division of Emergency Management.
As new data are created and made available, they will be posted to this site.